Heavy Duty Steel Mixing Bowls are made of corrosion resistant heavy gauge steel for long lasting use, durability and dependability. Heavy duty Steel Mixing bowls are used for a variety of food service handling applications and therefore at Sherwood Tinning we use a unique traditional method for tinning of steel Mixing Bowls.
The process of cleaning is an unique process and what comes out as a finished product is amazing and the re-tinning process is a special process carried out on these mild steel mixing bowls.
- The item is put in a degreasing tank for 12-24 hours depending on the amount of grease and carbon build up.
- Washed and dried.
- Reshaped to its original form and dents are hammered out.
- To remove any rust the item is inserted into pickling acid for approximately 12 hours for a deep clean.
- Then the mixing bowls are Washed thoroughly and dried out.
- Flux is then applied, heated to a high temperature, pure tin ingot is then applied and tinned, hand wiped in and out.
- Once the tin smith is happy with the coating it is then left to cool.
- Finally, the item is deep cleaned inside and out and can be used with no need for further washing.