Heavy Duty Steel Mixing Bowls are made of corrosion resistant heavy gauge steel for long lasting use, durability and dependability. Heavy duty Steel Mixing bowls are used for a variety of food service handling applications and therefore at Sherwood Tinning we use a unique traditional method for tinning of steel Mixing Bowls.
The process of cleaning is an unique process and what comes out as a finished product is amazing and the re-tinning process is a special process carried out on these mild steel mixing bowls.
- The item is put in a degreasing tank for 12-24 hours depending on the amount of grease and carbon build up.
- Washed and dried.
- Reshaped to its original form and dents are hammered out.
- To remove any rust the item is inserted into pickling acid for approximately 12 hours for a deep clean.
- Then the mixing bowls are Washed thoroughly and dried out.
- Flux is then applied, heated to a high temperature, pure tin ingot is then applied and tinned, hand wiped in and out.
- Once the tin smith is happy with the coating it is then left to cool.
- Finally, the item is deep cleaned inside and out and can be used with no need for further washing.
Mild Steel Mixing Bowls – Before Mild Steel Mixing Bowls – After Mild Steel Mixing Bowls after full Restoration and Tinning!
It’s a long way from the over all’s, acid and water which are the daily elements of life at Sherwood Tinning Factory ……but what comes out of it is stunning. “When you know you’ve made a good repair and restoration of tinning a steel mixing bowl ,it’s a wonderful thing to see,” says… Nick Stevenson…..